Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Misrad HaPanim/Ministry of Interior (2/2)

Looks like the Israeli Government won today. I finally schlepped my tuchus all the way to the Misrad HaPanim office (the Ministry of Interior) where people get their visas renewed. After my drama of getting back into the country from Jordan in December, I was only given 2 weeks to renew, and I have technically been here illegally for the last few weeks, knowing that I'd obviously sort this out before I leave the country and encounter any major trouble. Well it's not that easy for me to just go to the office; it is not close to my apartment nor anywhere else I really spend any time, and hey, I kind of have a life here. I couldn't skip a group day, I didn't want to skip my volunteering or internship days, nor any other activity I do here. But now I'm at the point where I really need to sort this out. So I finally figured out that I could go this morning. Last night, I spent some time looking at the website, and make sure I had the right address and phone number.

Well, I hopped on a bus this morning heading toward Shlomtsion HaMalka, only to find out that the office was closed. Apparently they are only open on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings (not Sunday THROUGH Thursday mornings as it says on their website) and in the afternoons on Mondays and Wednesdays. I guess I'll be heading back on Sunday for take 2. Even though I certainly feel beat out, Israeli Government 1 - Ruthie 0, at least I managed to not waste any time and used my ma'avar (transfer) so I only paid for one bus ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment