Friday, October 15, 2010

Ulpan graduation day! (10/14)

Yesterday, I was a girl. Today, I am a woman. Oh wait, this isn't my bat mitzvah. But it IS graduation from intensive ulpan which is a major major accomplishment. We all gathered in the Beit Knesset (House of Meeting/essentially a multi purpose room) with the creators of Ulpan Or, some of our Israeli roommates, and all the teachers for our classes.

Kitah Aleph presented a song about their teacher, Tami.
Congratulations to Kitah Aleph!

OK, time for Kitah Bet - my class. We have prepared a skit in the theme of "Wayne's World" from the early 90s. Wayne and Garth are going on an adventure to Israel to hit on hot Israeli chicks. I won't go into detail here but for any of you blog readers interested in watching the video, go to my Facebook page and look on my news feed or my videos. It is absolutely hilarious and excellent. The disclaimer is that it is all in Hebrew and not the full skit. However, the script (in Hebrew AND English) is also posted on Facebook, and I will post it here in my next post, so everyone can read it. If you are a blog reader that does NOT have access to Facebook, let me know and I will figure out a way to send you this video! It is not to be missed. Seriously!

The other Kitah Bet class also does a skit based on some of the dialogues we've listened to, about renting apartments, the next class does a game with us that includes getting up and moving around, answering questions "yes or no" followed by the last group which sang a rap! Of course, since this was the highest ulpan group, none of us understood a damn word of the song, but Suri (my roommate) decided she would do some beatboxing and dancing in the background so that we were entertained! It certainly worked.

Mazal tov to all of us for our ulpan graduation!

More ulpan to come on Mondays now. And I'm moving "up" to the other Kitah Bet group - I have some serious self-study to do in the next 10 days to catch up to them! This'll be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Mazal tov to you all! On your way to feeling like a true Israeli!

    ReplyDelete