Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm in apartment 8...

...which means I have 39 stairs to climb every time I want to go home. I should have buns of steel by the end of these 5 months. Daannng!!!

Some other random facts (about Israel in general, and my apartment specifically) to share with my non-WUJS readers...

Cats (hatulim) are so prevalent in Israel and in my neighborhood, they are on every corner, sitting in dumpsters, and one that I saw today was curled up on a motorcycle cover today. I think cats are gross (sorry to all you cat lovers, but I'm not really sorry) so I really do not enjoy seeing them. I usually say, "Go away hatulim!" when I see them around. The good news: no city rats!

Water is very important to Israel, as we are in the middle of a big freekin' desert. Therefore, toilets have 2 levels of flushing: 1 is for number 1s, and 2 is for, well, all of my blog readers are pretty smart, you can figure it out. Less water is used for each level 1 flush. Genius, isn't it?

Balconies: we have 2! One is outside our kitchen; the other is outside of our 2-part bathroom (one room has the toilet, the other has the shower and sink). There are 2 clotheslines set up on this balcony, so after I rinsed my hiking clothes from yesterday, I was able to hang them out to try overnight! No wasting money on the dryers in the building.

All for now, and once again, suggested blog topics are welcome! Email me what you want to hear about: ruth.kleinman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment